Did you mean: 
vnaidu
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Norton Anti7.5.0

Jump to solution

Hi There,

We have Norton Anvirisus installed on our ePO 5.9.1 (251), however the policies were grayed out except the assignment details.

I had to run the query to see if this deletes.

delete from eposoftware where productcode = 'NORTONAV7500'

Can someone guide me if the above syntax is correct so that I can run the above query in MSMS and delete it permanently. As I see no extensions available in the ePO console related to NAV. So I am thinking if running a query could help me get this deleted?

Regards,

Venu
9 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
vnaidu
Level 11
Message 3 of 12

Re: Norton Anti7.5.0

Jump to solution

I confirm that I do not have the extension for NAV.

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

I would suggest contacting Norton support for assistance.  Any 3rd party extensions are supported by that 3rd party and since they wrote them, we do not provide support for them.  They are not our code. 

You might want to try running the script you ran to start with after disabling retaining policies and tasks in server settings, but I can't guarantee that would help or not. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Let me see if I can find an alternative way, contacting Norton is not a good idea as we do not have valid license for now, since we stopped using NAV way back in 2012.

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

do you happen to have any backups of your epo server file system from before that was removed?  In the server\extensions\installed folder would be the extension files that would have the uninstall script.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

The issue started after we performed a disaster recovery recently, so we had to restore the database from the backup, from there the problem started, earlier we have removed the NAV thing completely from our ePO console. However, after upgrading the console from 5.3.x to 5.9 the upgrade rolled back due to some issue ended up performing a disaster recovery. Then we are noticing the NAV appearing in the product list despite we have removed earlier.

So the backup what we have even helpless.

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

first of all, send me the output of these scripts:

select * from eposoftware

select * from epopolicyobjectsmt

The table name may or may not end in mt, depending on your version of epo.

Please email me the results to caryn_dinet@mcafee.com

Was my reply helpful?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

@cdinet We cannot send email to outside form our environment, as it is highly restricted and could not send for external domains. May be you send me a private message, I would share the data out there, as the data consist confidential information.

Venu
vnaidu
Level 11
Message 11 of 12

Jump to solution

@cdinet I have raised this concern with our reactive team, they accepted that they would take the ownership of this as this issue was created by them during an upgrade by not following the proper pre-requisite. So they will do the clean up for me. Thank you for all your efforts Smiley Happy

Regards,

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 12

Jump to solution

Ok, good deal, glad to assist.  Sorry we couldn't help more.  I did happen to find an extension for it, but there are no uninstall scrtips in it.

Was my reply helpful?

11 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

It is not advisable to remove software like that, as there are other tables interrelated.  That command would only remove it from master repository.  Do you happen to have a copy of the extension that was previously there?  If so, in the extension files you should see an sql folder and in there possibly an uninstall script.  You can run that on the epo database.  Before doing so, however, disable policy retention in server settings and have a good backup of your database.  Once it is removed, you can re-enable policy and task retention.  If you don't have a copy of the extension, you might want to try to find a copy to remove it properly.  Hacking things out of the database can have negative consequenses, so be very careful modifying the database in any way.

Was my reply helpful?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

I confirm that I do not have the extension for NAV.

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

I would suggest contacting Norton support for assistance.  Any 3rd party extensions are supported by that 3rd party and since they wrote them, we do not provide support for them.  They are not our code. 

You might want to try running the script you ran to start with after disabling retaining policies and tasks in server settings, but I can't guarantee that would help or not. 

Was my reply helpful?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Let me see if I can find an alternative way, contacting Norton is not a good idea as we do not have valid license for now, since we stopped using NAV way back in 2012.

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

do you happen to have any backups of your epo server file system from before that was removed?  In the server\extensions\installed folder would be the extension files that would have the uninstall script.

Was my reply helpful?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

The issue started after we performed a disaster recovery recently, so we had to restore the database from the backup, from there the problem started, earlier we have removed the NAV thing completely from our ePO console. However, after upgrading the console from 5.3.x to 5.9 the upgrade rolled back due to some issue ended up performing a disaster recovery. Then we are noticing the NAV appearing in the product list despite we have removed earlier.

So the backup what we have even helpless.

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

Would it be possible to open a ticket with McAfee and send me the case number?  If at all possible, would like a copy of your database and the disaster recovery password.  I can test with it to see if I can come up with a fix for you.  I would also need to know what version sql you are running and version of epo.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

first of all, send me the output of these scripts:

select * from eposoftware

select * from epopolicyobjectsmt

The table name may or may not end in mt, depending on your version of epo.

Please email me the results to caryn_dinet@mcafee.com

Was my reply helpful?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

@cdinet We cannot send email to outside form our environment, as it is highly restricted and could not send for external domains. May be you send me a private message, I would share the data out there, as the data consist confidential information.

Venu
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.