cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

No public agent handler

Dear mcafee,

This question has occured couple of times but I havent had the time to test this yet. 

If a customer has no "public" agent handler - could this affect the AmCore / Defintion update on external nodes (working from home) somehow? 

I have seen this behaviour for some customer NOT recieving updates because of "corrupt agent" localy but havnt tested this furhur., 

Regards. 

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: No public agent handler

If client machines have internet access then they can download updates from McAfee Http site (update.nai.com). By default, McAfee http site would be set as 'fall back repository' in MA Repository policy.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted

Hi, how about if the AH is in a locked down enviroment (without internet) with no possibility for nodes to reach ePo ((since their only option (workstations/servers) is to go through  through AH))?
What would happen in that scenario? Does the AH also handle definitionsupdates or is it more for strict communication only?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

An agent handler is basically a virtual extension of the epo server.  It has a repository (is considered master repository), it handles all the communication of the agent that epo handles, such as policies, tasks, processing properties, events, etc.  So yes, if your systems in that isolated environment can talk to that AH, it can handle anything the epo server can.

One thing you will need to do is make sure all required ports are open for the AH to be able to do all that.  It will need ports open from ah to sql server as well as epo server - see KB66797.  Basically to epo, it needs 8443, 8444, 443 and 80 open.  You can probably get by without 80.  It may also need 8081 open from epo to AH.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community