cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Process Question: Exclude an Executable in a Folder from Being Scanned

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. I'm going spare! I need to exclude a number of Citrix Edgesight executables from being scanned. How do I create a policy using Epo 4.0 to exclude these?

C:\Program Files\Citrix\System Monitoring\Agent\Core\rscorsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Citrix\System Monitoring\Agent\Core\Firebird\bin\fbserver.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Citrix\System Monitoring\Server\RSSH\RSshApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Citrix\System Monitoring\Server\RSSH\RSshSvc.exe

I assume if I just exclude the folders they reside in this will not work.

I have been unable to find any McAfee doco or instructions on how to do this in 4.0

Thanks!
4 Replies

RE: Newbie Process Question: Exclude an Executable in a Folder from Being Scanned

Hi,
in Epo
Go to Systems -> Policies -> Virusscan Enterprise -> On-Access Default Processes Policies -> Exclusions

RE: Newbie Process Question: Exclude an Executable in a Folder from Being Scanned

Hi Alexander,

Thanks. I have excluded some folders this way. Do I use exclude by pattern and then enter the executable or do I need to enter the full path to the executable?

If I have already excluded a folder, will executables within that folder also be excluded from scanning?

Thanks!

Hi,
try it like this.
%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Datastore\file.exe

You need the complete filepath.

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me Alexander!

Much appreciated!
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community