cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ditch7569
Level 8

New LDAP srvr: Unable to connect to any Domain Controllers for domain: xxx

Hiya all,

I am currently trying to create a new LDAP server within one of my domains. Although I have compared to two other domains, on this particular one I get the following error message:

Unable to connect to any Domain Controllers for domain: domain. Last error was: Unable to connect to the LDAP server. The current authentication type is not supported. Try using SSL.

Comparing against the other two networks, it was only the domain name, username and password I needed to input. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this one is giving me such a hard time.

Any ideas?

Richie

0 Kudos
4 Replies
alexn
Level 14

Re: New LDAP srvr: Unable to connect to any Domain Controllers for domain: xxx

check your DNS configuration.your epo server machine and domain controller should pointe to same DNS.

firewall exceptions for port 389 and 636 ssl.

check user name and password as well.

0 Kudos
ditch7569
Level 8

thank you alexn,

I will have a look into this first thing in the morning

0 Kudos
apoling
Level 14

Please also read this McAfee KB it may apply to your situation:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68382&cat=CORP_EPOLICY_ORCHESTRATOR_4_5&actp...

Attila

0 Kudos
ditch7569
Level 8

DNS configuration seems to be fine, ePo server points towards the DC as it is the DNS for my OU.

The ports I imagine would need to be configured on the DC? That would prove a little bit of a problem as the DC is the only server I have no access to.

Username and password are good as I am using my own, and again, I have full access to my OU, except the DC!

I have also been filtering through GPOs and there is nothing with relation to LDAP, even on the 2 good working domains.

0 Kudos