cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
web1b
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Need to silent install latest 4.8 agent patch 2 on new systems, but FramePkg.exe is missing

Jump to solution

I have a script that installs an older version of the 4.8 agent during our Windows OS imaging process and then ePO updates the agent later.  I'd like to just install the latest agent from the beginning from now on.

I have checked in the patch 2 version into ePO, but I cannot find a full installer for the latest version anywhere. So, it is still a 2 part process that requires 2 installations to be run on each machine in order to get to patch 2.

I exported the installation files and the installer file "FramePkg.exe" mentioned the Product Guide is missing for this version.  So, I have to keep using the old FramePkg.exe during our imaging process and then wait for the ePO task to update the clients later, which is a waster of time.

The picture below shows the files contained in the folder.

4.8patch2.JPG

How can I get this fixed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Need to silent install latest 4.8 agent patch 2 on new systems, but FramePkg.exe is missing

Jump to solution

Hi web1b, you just need to create a new framepkg package from ePO with the new McAfee Agent version.

So you have to go to System Tree, click on System Tree Actions->New systems->Create and download agent installation package->select the McAfee Agent version you want to use and after clicking on OK you will be able to download the new package

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Need to silent install latest 4.8 agent patch 2 on new systems, but FramePkg.exe is missing

Jump to solution

Hi web1b, you just need to create a new framepkg package from ePO with the new McAfee Agent version.

So you have to go to System Tree, click on System Tree Actions->New systems->Create and download agent installation package->select the McAfee Agent version you want to use and after clicking on OK you will be able to download the new package

View solution in original post

Reliable Contributor ansarias
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

The Package file which you have its McAfee standalone Agent package which will comes with every VSE installation package. You can download ePO frame package file from ePO installation directory or steps suggested by Laszlo G.

Frame Package file location :

...\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community