cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to export all policy settings to a spreadsheet

I have been asked to export all of the policies setting from my epo 4.5 server to an excel spreadsheet. Is this possible? i need to export it in a way that shows the policeis and how they are currently set.

What's the easitest way to do this?

thanks

Message was edited by: rdefino on 6/30/11 8:50:05 AM GMT-06:00
5 Replies

Re: Need to export all policy settings to a spreadsheet

Hi rdefino, policies can only be exported to xml files but it will be hard for you to work with such a format Smiley Frustrated

Allow me to jump in this discussion with a similar question.

I also want to export the policies, in XML as ulyses explains, and then transform them to a readable format, like xls from the original poster, or in my preference, a doc file or xhtml.

I've used the XSL (XML Stylesheet) information on W3Schools to transform the ePO XMLs to XHTML but didn't get far. Is it me doing it wrong or is the McAfee XML structure a bit peculiar, blocking the Stylesheets to do their magic, I don't know.

Also I tried using VBA in Word to load XML data and present them in a readable way, but that was even less a success.

In short, if anybody here is skilled in XSL or VBA, I would appreciate your input in getting this to work. When it does, we can expand this info to visualize ePO client tasks, server tasks, automatic responses etc.

Thanks,

Ralf

I dont think this possible

since you know the structure of the components and what expected on some modules then you need to create a policy map your self look at the attachement.epo.png

Thanks for your reply. I'm positive that this must be possible, it's just transforming data from one format to another, can't be impossible imo.

Ralf

So as anyone found out a solution to export Policies into an excel sheet?