cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to delete an old ePO admin but they own many reports and queries that will get deleted

Jump to solution
Need to delete an old ePO admin but they own many reports and queries that will get deleted if I delete their account. The account has been disabled for now but will need to be removed. How can I take ownership of queries, reports and server tasks without re-creating them?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need to delete an old ePO admin but they own many reports and queries that will get deleted

Jump to solution

For server tasks, you only have to edit and save them, then ownership would change to you.  You don't need to actually make any changes.  If there are a large number of them, we can provide a script to change them through sql.  That would require finding the user id of the account in question and the one you want to change it to.  Once you get that script, you could do the same for the orionquerymt table to change ownership.  I don't see where the reports are owned by anyone, just the queries used to run the reports.  If the report is not in the shared groups where it is accessible, then you might need to log in as that user and move any private queries and reports.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need to delete an old ePO admin but they own many reports and queries that will get deleted

Jump to solution

For server tasks, you only have to edit and save them, then ownership would change to you.  You don't need to actually make any changes.  If there are a large number of them, we can provide a script to change them through sql.  That would require finding the user id of the account in question and the one you want to change it to.  Once you get that script, you could do the same for the orionquerymt table to change ownership.  I don't see where the reports are owned by anyone, just the queries used to run the reports.  If the report is not in the shared groups where it is accessible, then you might need to log in as that user and move any private queries and reports.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi mate,

would it be possible to provide me with the script?

We are from time to time facing the same problem.

Best regards
Dan
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Sent you private message.

Was my reply helpful?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.