Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jcamacho
Level 7

Need Help Regarding Deployment of McAfee Anti-Virus Remotely via ePO

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

Needed your expertise on the deployment of AV on the remote branches. I want to deploy the AV via ePO on remote branches without VPN connection. Is that possible? If not can I install the agent and virusscan manually on the remote branch but still be able to manage by ePO on the main office? how can I achieve it? This will be the first time I'm deploying this product that's why I needed your expertise on this. I've attached the network diagram for you to be able to further understand the setup. Hoping for your response guys. Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: jcamacho on 6/15/13 8:58:43 PM CDT
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ulyses31
Level 16

Re: Need Help Regarding Deployment of McAfee Anti-Virus Remotely via ePO

Jump to solution

Of course, first of all you have to know which ports need to be opened between the Agent Handler Server and ePO Server/SQL Server:

AH_DMZ.JPG

Theres's a special consideration about this scenario, as the DMZ servres are not usually under your company's domain you'll have to use a SQL user to connect to the SQL server instead of using a Windows user.

The Agent Handler installer is located inside your ePO's installation package, under a folder called Agent Handler; just install it on the DMZ server with all needed ports already opened and use the SQL user (if you don't have a SQL user created for your ePO's instance you'll have to set a new SQL user).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16

Jump to solution

Hi v, if your branch offices are connected to the main office in asome way then you can set a distributed repository on your branch office so computers will download anything from it (distributed repository will need to sync with ePO at least once a day).

If there's no connection between your branch offices and your main office (No VPN, MacroLAN, etc...) then the bes thing you can do is setting an Agent Handler in your main office's DMZ so any computer in any branch office would be able to connect to your ePO server through WAN and so they will be able to download software and updates from epo servre.

0 Kudos
jcamacho
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Laszlo for the response. Can you please give me a guide on how to setup the agent handler in DMZ and the config of agent so that it will communicate with the agent handler in DMZ? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
ulyses31
Level 16

Jump to solution

Of course, first of all you have to know which ports need to be opened between the Agent Handler Server and ePO Server/SQL Server:

AH_DMZ.JPG

Theres's a special consideration about this scenario, as the DMZ servres are not usually under your company's domain you'll have to use a SQL user to connect to the SQL server instead of using a Windows user.

The Agent Handler installer is located inside your ePO's installation package, under a folder called Agent Handler; just install it on the DMZ server with all needed ports already opened and use the SQL user (if you don't have a SQL user created for your ePO's instance you'll have to set a new SQL user).

0 Kudos
jcamacho
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank You Very Much for your response.

0 Kudos