cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Clarification on access protection Logs

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Good morning

i need some clarification on McAfee VSE access protection logs .

Blocked by Access Protection rule            NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM                C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe             C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe        Common Standard ProtectionSmiley Tonguerevent termination of McAfee processes                Action blocked : Terminate

from this log could any one help me which process has been terminated C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common Framework\Frameworkservice.exe  or   C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe           

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
masten
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Re: Need Clarification on access protection Logs

Jump to solution

Probably the lsass.exe process only "probed" the frameworkservice.exe withTerminate privileges, it doesn't necessarily mean that lsass.exe in reality tried to terminate the service.

The KB below describes a similar issue with ccmexec.exe.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71970&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

As per McAfee default "/system32/lsass.exe" is on the excluded processes list for this Access Protection rule.

/Magnus

4 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

This is saying that lsass.exe tried to terminate frameworkservice.exe, but was blocked from so doing.

HTH -

Joe

Jump to solution

Dear JoeBidgood,

Thanks for your valuable answer i have one more query

So the lsaas.exe is trying to stop the freamework service from this i wants to know McAfee blocked the lsaas.exe else mcafee blocked the lsaas.exe action(tried to terminate the framework service)

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand the question - could you clarify?

Thanks -

Joe

masten
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Probably the lsass.exe process only "probed" the frameworkservice.exe withTerminate privileges, it doesn't necessarily mean that lsass.exe in reality tried to terminate the service.

The KB below describes a similar issue with ccmexec.exe.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71970&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

As per McAfee default "/system32/lsass.exe" is on the excluded processes list for this Access Protection rule.

/Magnus