cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NAP Only ?

Hi,

This may be a daft question - but can you import the NAP for products that you have not imported into your Master Repository ?

Reason I'm asking is that I'd like to be able to modify and deploy the policies for some AV8.5 clients that were installed as local installs. Rest of Clients are still AV 8.0i and I want to be able to manage both sets of clinets with the minimum of changes.

Jim
6 Replies
Highlighted

RE: NAP Only ?

I think it must not be a problem to impor the NAP without importing the soft package, it would be the same as the extensiones in ePO 4
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 7

NAP technology is complex. My boss try to efficiently install it. I'll tell you if I use it for ePO.
Highlighted
Level 13
Message 4 of 7

you could on 3.6.1 and Im pretty sure you can do the same with extensions on 4.0, why not try and see
Highlighted

Thnaks folks - the reason I'm asking first is of course that I've been "bitten" in the past by using features that seemed to work but having "support issues" when reporting problems so just trying to cover the bases.

JIm
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

In 361 you can definitely do this. Currently we use VSE 8.5, haven't used 8.7 globally except for 1 single client.

I checked in the NAP only so I could manage it. No problems thus far, its been about 2 weeks.
Highlighted

Many thanks to all - I'll give it a try happy
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community