cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAP Only ?

Hi,

This may be a daft question - but can you import the NAP for products that you have not imported into your Master Repository ?

Reason I'm asking is that I'd like to be able to modify and deploy the policies for some AV8.5 clients that were installed as local installs. Rest of Clients are still AV 8.0i and I want to be able to manage both sets of clinets with the minimum of changes.

Jim
6 Replies

RE: NAP Only ?

I think it must not be a problem to impor the NAP without importing the soft package, it would be the same as the extensiones in ePO 4
Pitch
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 7

NAP technology is complex. My boss try to efficiently install it. I'll tell you if I use it for ePO.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 4 of 7

you could on 3.6.1 and Im pretty sure you can do the same with extensions on 4.0, why not try and see

Thnaks folks - the reason I'm asking first is of course that I've been "bitten" in the past by using features that seemed to work but having "support issues" when reporting problems so just trying to cover the bases.

JIm
mrpg
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

In 361 you can definitely do this. Currently we use VSE 8.5, haven't used 8.7 globally except for 1 single client.

I checked in the NAP only so I could manage it. No problems thus far, its been about 2 weeks.

Many thanks to all - I'll give it a try happy