I am having strange behavior in ePO Server.
When I check the queries, I can see multiple entries for the same PC, but its information is distributed over each entry.
whay is that happening?
I've seen this happen if a machine is incorrectly listed as having mutiple product versions installed - for example two different versions of VirusScan. Check the properties for the affected machine - does this apply to you?
when I check the system it show that it has one version of VSE and Mcafee Agent.
but each product is shown in different entry.
note that these systems are not considered inactive as they are updating reguraly
I didn't want to hi-jack the thread.
Please move this to a new thread if it ticks someone off.
Here are the screenshots you requested, Joe.
The weird thing is that ePO is treating it as one entry If I click on any of the three, in this case, individual machine names check boxes, it automatically selects all three.
I just started seeing the same thing on a limited number of systems. Certain systems, when searching for them using the built in dashboard search applet or the filter in the sytem tree show up multiple times, exactly like the attachment tls4 provided. Furthermore, the installed products under the system properties are duplicated. It shows the software installed, then software and version number (like McAfee Agent, McAfee Agent 188.8.131.529, VirusScan Enterprise, VirusScan Enterprise 184.108.40.2061) whereas the unaffected ones don't duplicate the installed products listed. Lastly, each of the installed product property sections of the system detail screen show no values - everything is blank. Product version, DAT, Engine, etc. all blank.
They don't show up in either the duplicate systems query or either of the agents with high sequence error count queries. I've also tried regenerating the GUID on the systems and forcing a check in, but it doesn't change anything. And there are not multiple versions of the same product installed or registry entires from 2 versions of the same product.
Oddly, the lastprops.xml and lastpropssenttoserver.xml files show all of the properties on the client side. It is as though the properties are not being received by the epo server.
Again, only seeing this on a small percentage of managed systems but I can't figure out why yet.