cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ePO server

Jump to solution

hello ,

in our organization we need to have 6 ePO server and should be controlled from Main branch , is it possible ? i mean if we have one master ePO and other child . 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee rrodrig1
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Multiple ePO server

Jump to solution

Typically each ePO server requires its own license, but you should check with your McAfee representative (Account Manager or Sales Engineer) to be sure.

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

One license is enough, you are not limited in the number of epo servers you have in your environment.  Have you considered using one epo server and agent handlers in place of the other epo servers?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee rrodrig1
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

No, unfortuantely ePolicy Orchestrator does not have the ability to work in a parent/child model. 

Your alternativates include the following:

1. To get event data from all servers, you can roll data up into a single ePO server via a server task.

2. To share policies, you can register each of the ePO servers with your main branch, and share policies and tasks. However, you must still manually assign them.

3. If you want to assign tasks, tags, or policies across multiple ePO servers, you might consider using the Web API.

4. You may consider redesigning your ePO architecture to use a single ePO server. In most cases, this design is the least complex.

Otherwise, you will need to manage each ePO server independently. 

Good luck

Jump to solution

Thank you , if we manage each ePO server independently (install 6 server in 6 branches) does one license is enough or what will be the procedure .  

McAfee Employee rrodrig1
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Typically each ePO server requires its own license, but you should check with your McAfee representative (Account Manager or Sales Engineer) to be sure.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

One license is enough, you are not limited in the number of epo servers you have in your environment.  Have you considered using one epo server and agent handlers in place of the other epo servers?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community