Did you mean: 
cy_al
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Multiple Server Task Action Items

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Might be a stupid question, but let's say I am creating a server task with multiple action items (e.g. a Run Tag Criteria followed by Run Query). Regardless of what sub-action each item contains, would the task run all at the same time or one at a time based on order? Thanks!

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Multiple Server Task Action Items

Jump to solution

It would run the first task in the list, then the second and so on.  They would start in the order they are listed in the task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

It would run the first task in the list, then the second and so on.  They would start in the order they are listed in the task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cy_al
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying, but does that mean that the succeeding items will wait for the prior one to finish? If the previous action item failed, would the next item/s still run?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

The task will wait for the preceding one to finish and it will still run even if the one before it fails.  It will log the failure, however.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community