cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Multiple EPO or Super Agent in each Subnet

Jump to solution

All, currently I have a network consists of 3 level.

1. Top Level VM with access to Internet

2. Middle Level VM with different Subnet from Level 1, and do not have access to internet

3. Client Workstation

I intended to install ePO in Top Level VM and configure Middle Level VM as SuperAgent which hosts the replicate repository from ePO. Then, each of the agents of Client Workstation refers to the SuperAgent repository for updates in future.

Some additional points here:

There is a Backend Firewall between Middle Level and Client Workstation. FrontEnd Firewall between Top Level VM and Middle Level VM.

Few questions that I would like to ask if this approach is appropriate:

1. Can Top Level ePO still manage and collect statistics from Client Workstation?

2. If above approach is not possible, then should i install ePO in Middle Level VM as replicate Top Level VM respository to local directory?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Multiple EPO or Super Agent in each Subnet

Jump to solution

Hey Jack_95,

It depends on the customer environment and their requirement. But do not install EPO on AD server as we do not recommend.  Yes of course you can install EPO on Top level. You just need to enable appropriate ports in your firewall between client to repository and EPO.

The below article may help you opening ports between Client to EPO - EPO to Repository - Client to Repository.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66797

I would also recommend you to go through the below article which has good stuff about configuring your EPO to ensure the best performance and stability.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90961&locale=en_US

McAfee Agent is required only communication and required ports to download updates from repository. 

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Multiple EPO or Super Agent in each Subnet

Jump to solution

Hey Jack_95,

It depends on the customer environment and their requirement. But do not install EPO on AD server as we do not recommend.  Yes of course you can install EPO on Top level. You just need to enable appropriate ports in your firewall between client to repository and EPO.

The below article may help you opening ports between Client to EPO - EPO to Repository - Client to Repository.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66797

I would also recommend you to go through the below article which has good stuff about configuring your EPO to ensure the best performance and stability.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90961&locale=en_US

McAfee Agent is required only communication and required ports to download updates from repository. 

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community