cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from EPO 3.6.1 to 4.5

I am in the process of setting up and testing a new EPO 4.5 server to replace the existing EPO 3.6.1

What is the best way to move all clients to this new server?

I am not upgrading the existing server.

The way I was thinking of doing it is:

Setup new server.

Sync with AD to add all machines - about 250.

Deploy new Agent 4.5 from the new EPO using the force install over existing version - I have tested this and it seems to work

Roll out Virus Scan 8.7 also using the new server - optional. All current machnes run 8.0

Should there be any unexpected problems?

Is there a better way?

This is the first time I have used EPO so any help gratefully received

Andrew

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Moving from EPO 3.6.1 to 4.5

Hello Andrew,

this appears certainly a good plan ...

The only problems that might come up are related to the automated update of VSE 8.0 to VSE 8.7 as long as you are running Patch 16 this will work out nicely in other scenarios where you might have a patch level lower then VSE 8.0 P16 this might fail.

HTH,

Rene

Thank you. I will do some testing then as I know there are quite a few pre patch 16.

Could I update from 8.0 patch x to 8.0 patch 16, then go to 8.7?

Hello Andrew,

this is certainly possible but should be done in the ePO 3.6.1 environment as ePO 4.5 does not support VSE 8.0 anymore ...

Rene

Oh!

Hadn't realised this. Is it not supported in as much as it cannot roll out patches, or also unsupported from the fact policies and updates do not work either?

I must admit to not having looked closely at this type of compatability as had assumed 8.0 was still pretty much widespread.

I may to do some digging for documentation then.

well ... neither will work reliabe as non of this scenarios is fully tested and approved for supportability ...

Rene

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community