cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving EPO 4.5 to another server

I would like to move my physical EPO 4.5 server to a virtual machine. The current server is running W2K3 SP2 and the virtual machine will be the same. The current EPO database resides on our database server so the database is not moving anywhere. How would I go about doing this? Are there any special registry keys that will need imported to the new server?

Thanks

7 Replies

Re: Moving EPO 4.5 to another server

If you are wanting to keep your existing configuration you could clone the server to a VM - do a P2V.

If VMWare you can import the machine from an ESX server, use the VMWare standalone tool or I think you can import it via SCVMM to Hyper-V.

Regards

Jane

I can do P2V but I would like to build the server from scratch.

Check this KB article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616

Under Notes, it says "The procedure can also be used by customers who want to migrate the ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) 4.5 server to another system."

Jay

Message was edited by: jguenrdc on 11/18/10 3:09:45 PM CST

If you build the new server from scratch, just try to build it host only so you can give it the same IP and system name.

I do plan on giving it the same name and IP address. I did try to do this last week and the problem I ran into was that the users who have the 4.5 agent using port 443 were not able to communicate to the EPO server. Is there a key that needed copied over from the old server? Users who had agents 4.0 or 4.5 without port 443 were communicating fine.

There is a sercurity key, maar is you restore the locations below, it should not give you any problems.

C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\SERVER\
    C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB \SOFTWARE\
    C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB \KEYSTORE\
    C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\APACHE2\CONF

So there are no registry keys I would need to import over to the new server? As long as I copy those directories to the new server I should be fine?