cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved ePO database and now having issues

Hi,

First, I'll start with the background.

I have a server 2003 Virtual Machine running SQL Server 2005 Express. It has an OS partition and a data partition. I built this server to store my SUS and ePO databases. During my frantic install (another facility hosed my previous ePO and SUS server) I had SQL put the databases on the OS partition, which was not my ultimate goal.

I built another server 2003 Virtual Machine to run ePO 4 on. I installed ePO without a hitch, had it store the db's on my SQL Express server. After I got it running and my policies imported, I realized I had the databases on the wrong partition.

I used SQL Management Studio Express to stop the service and detach the ePO database. I then copied the database to the correct partition, and reattached it using the Management Express app.

I then remoted to the ePO server, opened ePO and logged in with no problems. ePO itself works fine, I can update the repository, do an AD sync and have my agents pull updates with no issues.

All of the Queries I run show no results for any date after the date that I moved the db's. Using these queries is pretty helpful for me.

Has anyone else ran into a problem like this?

Thanks,

Nate
Tags (1)
3 Replies

RE: Moved ePO database and now having issues

Have you tried to change your SQL settings on the ePO server?

Try to access https://your_epo_server:8443/core/config and change any wrong config of your SQL server there

Nope. I shouldn't have to. The database name didn't change and since I reattached it like the original db (same server, same database name), it should be fine.

I reinstalled Patch 4 and I'm starting to get results in the queries. Who knows why that fixed the problem, but it seems as though it did!

Strange thing but happy to see it works now wink