cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move GUID to Duplicate List and Delete System- removed all my systems from the system tree

Hi I have selected all systems from the system tree under specific group - and then selected Directory Management and then selected "Move GUID to Duplicate List and Delete System"- i just want to find out if it's something to worry about / will system tree populate with those deleted systems on the next agent  to server communication please advise?Capture.PNG

2 Replies
Hayton
Level 18
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Move GUID to Duplicate List and Delete System- removed all my systems from the system tree

Question moved from consumer Help section to Business / ePO for attention.

It looks very similar to another question in this section.

Re: Move GUID to Duplicate List and Delete System- removed all my systems from the system tree

Overall, there should be no harm done.  The computers should repopulate in ePolicy once the agent wakes up and communicates.  It will however appear as a new computer.  Depending on if you had any special system tree sorting worked out, it might not land right back where it was and how it was.  Also, this could cause a temporary glitch if you are using any of the McAfee encryption products.  Was there a reason you chose to do this, or where you just clicking around to see what would happen?  The Duplicate GUID list is used to correct issues with incorrectly imaged workstations etc. (although I believe there are plenty of people administering ePolicy that don't realize they should have those tasks set up just in case).