cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More 4.5 problems

Have searched high and low on these ones, wondering if anyone has had same issue.  Have just installed epo 4.5, agent 4.5 and vse 8.7i patch 2.

First issue I'm getting is that the update log reports :-

Update list doesn't exist or is empty.  Performing one-click update.

These updates will be applied if they are in the repository:  Engine, DAT, EPOAGENT3000META, VIRUSCAN8700, VIRUSCAN8600, ENCPTCNT6000, MASECORE2000, LV2SNENG1000, MSCANENG1000, SPAMSAFE1000

I'm concerned that all the clients aren't using the repository that's geographically closest to them.

Secondly I am unable to Show Agent Log of a client from within ePO, used to be able to in epo 4, just getting page cannot be displayed message.  Have Enable Agent Activity Log ticked, Enable detailed logging ticked and Enable remote access to log ticked also.  Have telnetted to host:8081 without any issue to???

Hope you can help, thanks in advance

4 Replies

Re: More 4.5 problems

Hello harris_s,

the "Show Agent Log" should work but only from the ePO Server - console itself as in the agent policy per default a option is ticked called:

"Allow only connections from the ePO Server"

=> unticking this option will allow you to show the agent log from any other machine ...

Rene

Cheers for that, can now view logs

Still got the Update list doesn't exist or is empty problem though

Dear harris_s,

the message "Update list doesn't exist or is empty" can be ignored as long as the update is successful.

This message does not indicate where the Updates are coming from - or better to say which repository was contacted to download the updates ... therefore you should check the mcscript.log file ...

Rene

Dear Rene,

Thanks again, I have just this minute found a forum explaining that the message will only seem to happen if a manual update is applied.

Liking 4.5 more each day