Highlighted
Nick_B
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Missing McAfee Agent Logs?

Jump to solution

Dear McAfee Community,

As part of troubleshooting into why we are seeing errors when attempting to replicate to a SuperAgent Distributed Repository, I asked the local onsite IT folk in Dallas to pull off the macmnsvc log from the SAR. The error seen in the server log was a "11001 - No such hostname", so does not suggest a firewall issue in this case.

There appear to be missing a number of logs, such as macmnsvc and masvc.

The device in question is running the MA 5.5.1.388 but perhaps this was upgraded from an older Agent such as 4.8 and has retained the original file structure? The snip below is from the file structure, in Windows\temp\mcafeelogs.

McAfee Logs from AMERSUSDW01 - missing macmnsvc and others.PNGWindows - Temp - Mcafeelogs folder contents

I look forward to your suggestions!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Missing McAfee Agent Logs?

Jump to solution

Agent logs are located in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs directory.  Windows\temp\mcafeelogs are typically install logs.  You can refer to each point product documentation for log locations. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Agent logs are located in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs directory.  Windows\temp\mcafeelogs are typically install logs.  You can refer to each point product documentation for log locations. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Nick_B
Level 10
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Doh, homer of course they are, thanks Caryn.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator