cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of ePO from 5.1.3 to 5.9.1 on a new server

Hi All

I am hoping you can help me with a question I have.

We currently have an ePO server that is 5.3.1 and running on Windows Server 2012 that has become very flaky. The products running on this server are ENS 10.5.2 VSE 8.8 P8, DLP 10 and MDE 7.1.3

The servers Database is on a SQL Server 2012

What I am looking for is a step by step guide or a clear guide that will enable me to transfer all our systems to a new Windows Server 2012 R2 and running ePO 9.1

My concerns and questions are below:

If I install the current product versions such as VSE and ENS on the new server is it only a matter of pointing the server at the old DB?

In regards MDE how can I make sure that the users can get transferred to the new ePO server without issue?

Thanks for your attention

Morello

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Migration of ePO from 5.1.3 to 5.9.1 on a new server

No, you cannot point the epo servers to the other's database.  The product guide shows how to transfer systems, however, for encryption systems, please refer to PD25905 for transferring them.  You will need to ensure the same or higher versions of extensions for the products are installed on the new epo server and appropriate policies in place.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
PhilR
Level 12
Message 3 of 4

Why not use the UpgradeCompatibility Utility to migrate it?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Yes, you can do that.  By using that method, you migrate the whole server rather than transfer systems that you originally asked about.  However, I would caution to keep either the servername or IP address the same, otherwise you will most likely lose agent connectivity and have to redeploy agents.  Even just dns redirects don't often work for that.  The agent will attempt IP, NetBIOS, and fqdn for communication to the server, so the DNS records need to be updated for the server.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community