cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from ePO 4.5.x to 4.6.x: stable Version, your recommendation

Hello,

due to the upcoming use of ePO 4.6.x I`m wondering, which version is in use in your companies and which one has prooven to be "the most reliable" one? I`m still in checking compability's to all used products and, still,  planning the migration but maybe you could give me a hand in which version I should put the most interest?

My personal favourit right now would be ePO 4.6.2 on Win2k8-R2 with SQL 2005. I have no choice on which SQL Version it's going to be... :-/

Regards

5 Replies

Re: Migration from ePO 4.5.x to 4.6.x: stable Version, your recommendation

Please bear in mind that there are a further 78 resolved issues in ePO 4.6.3, and then another 34 resolved issues in ePO 4.6.4.

I'd encourage you to review the respective patch readme files for potential pitfalls in your environment before plumping on a particular patch release.

Rgds,

Rob.

PhilR
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

I'd go direct to 4.6.4, which is what we use here.

And update on a regular basis to the latest version.  McAfee doesn't release product updates for the fun of it.

Phil

pierce
Level 13
Message 4 of 6

Go for 4.6.4, works well here just upgraded from 4.6.1 the other day without any real issue.

Hello,

ever encountered serious problems after Upgrading or migrating Software products Phil? But this was not the point at all I asked for   I'm just curious what is in use in your Environment and why? No company is hungry for rolling out the first RTW Candidat except there is a !really! important fix included.

Still, I'm going to build up an testenvironment with 4.6.4 and, not without a headache, SQL2005 (due to several interests I have no right in making decicions or buying license's '*sigh*) on W2K8-R2. Worthless to argue with EOL of SLQ2005 in comparison to SLQ2008...

Nachricht geändert durch Don_Martin on 14.11.12 09:02:14 CST
PhilR
Level 12
Message 6 of 6

ever encountered serious problems after Upgrading or migrating Software products Phil?

To be honest, I've encountered more problems by not updating buggy software than I have from updating.

But I was still making a valid point.  There are many fixes in each release of ePO, which could save you from serious headaches down the line.

Phil