cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Migrating from 5.3 EPO to 5.10 EPO with multiple versions of DE

Jump to solution
I have just setup my 5.10 EPO and want to transfer a few systems over from my 5.3 EPO. I have read the KB articles on how to do this but I have a few questions and concerns. We currently have multiple versions of Disk Encryption deployed(7.0.x -7.2.x). 1. Would there be any issues to current clients if I transferred the security keys over to the new server so I could test out on a few clients? 2. Would it be better to upgrade all clients first then transfer over, or would all the older versions transfer over without any issues?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Migrating from 5.3 EPO to 5.10 EPO with multiple versions of DE

Jump to solution

Hi User72889341,

The best answer to question one is 'addressed'/answered by the answer to question 2!

It would be best and safest to upgrade your clients to MDE 7.2.x before you upgrade ePO to v5.10

Statement regarding the migration of managed encrypted systems from one ePolicy Orchestrator server ...

FYI:
Drive Encryption 7.2.5 Client Transfer Migration Guide Product Documentation ID: PD27693

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.x minimum supported extension versions Technical Articles ID: KB90383

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Migrating from 5.3 EPO to 5.10 EPO with multiple versions of DE

Jump to solution

Hi User72889341,

The best answer to question one is 'addressed'/answered by the answer to question 2!

It would be best and safest to upgrade your clients to MDE 7.2.x before you upgrade ePO to v5.10

Statement regarding the migration of managed encrypted systems from one ePolicy Orchestrator server ...

FYI:
Drive Encryption 7.2.5 Client Transfer Migration Guide Product Documentation ID: PD27693

ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.x minimum supported extension versions Technical Articles ID: KB90383

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.