cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating ePO 4.0

Hi All,

When we originally implemented ePO 4.0 over 6 months ago, i was made to install it on a Windows 2000 Server using MSDE against my recomendations to the top brass.

Now we plan on implementing Data Loss Prevention which requires Windows Server 2003 and SQL Server 2003.

Has anyone here had to migrate ePO from 2000 to 2003 and the database from MSDE to 2003?

Would really appreciate any recommendations you have on doing this.

On a side note... Anyone upgraded from 4.0 to 4.5 yet? Would like to know how it went because we might upgrade to that as part of the migration.

Cheers.
7 Replies

RE: Migrating ePO 4.0

I would recommend these instructions:

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=225796

...and then you could do a clean install of 2003 and restore your EPO files and database. You could test this on a VM machine before hand.

I've done a 4.0 to 4.5 upgrade, no problems. Use the above guide to take a backup of all the EPO components just in case.

Cheers!

Any idea on how to migrate from MSDE to SQL Server?

Shouldn't be a problem, as MSDE is just SQL Server "Lite". I would expect you could use SQL Enterprise Manager to take a backup from your MSDE instance, and then use it to restore into your new SQL Server instance.

Just noticed you refer to "SQL Server 2003", I presume you mean 2005?

Yes sorry.

Was rushing to get this posted.

Re: Migrating ePO 4.0

Hi,

I successfuly migrated Epo 4 from MSDE to SQL 2005. I created new instance called EPOSERVER1 and changed to same in epo configuration page.

However when i stopped MSDE service the EPO does not start.

I found that the Mcafee services are still dependent on old MSDE service.

Please help.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 8

Re: Migrating ePO 4.0

Hi...

Please see KB article 53830 for details on how to remove the MSDE dependency.

Regards -

Joe