cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Clients from EPO 4.0 to 4.5

Hi I have inherited a network whereby the majority of the clients are installed with Enterprise Virus Scan 4.0 and updated by an old EPO 4.0, I have built a new server installed 4.5.4 and new clients are now installed from this.  Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of instructions to migrate over my 50 plus users from the old epo to the new other than manually doing this on each machine.  Thanking you in advance.  JO.

5 Replies

Re: Migrating Clients from EPO 4.0 to 4.5

Dear Casper,

If its in Domain then its easy task,

Kindly add the Systems(which are managed by ePO 4.0) to the ePO 4.5 console and deploy the agent now all the machines will report to the new ePO server instead of OLD one .....

Many thanks for your reply, I have now added my old 4.0 systems to the 4.5 orchestrator, in order to change the system's status to managed do I need to complete the VSE 8.8 installation on the local machine?  They currently have 8.50i.

Thanking you again.

Jo

Hi CAsper,

No need to deploy the VSE 8.8 because already all the clients will have VSE 8.8 but need to check VSE 8.8 as well as the MA and Extensions in ePO 4.5 also check wheather the policies were applied to the clients

from ePO 4.5

Note : USe Agent status monitor to send and receive the properties as well as enforce the policies....

Sorry you've lost me, my systems now have the correct agent but they still have locally installed viruscan enterprise product 8.50.i, and I have noticed that if I do an installation of 8.8 the system then reports in the epo as managed and I can see more information.  I have used agent status monitor and the agent is pushing out correctly. 

Many thanks

Jo

Thanks, I have noticed that once my clients have established communication with the new epo they change within the orchestrator to a managed status.  thanks for your help.  J.