Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kblowe
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: Migrate ePO v5.9.1 from 2008 server to 2016 server

Jump to solution

Can you assist? I am seeing mixed documentations on how to safely transfer systems that have McAfee Drive Encryption installed and activated. What method or methods am I suppose to use? In the McAfee Drive Encryption 7.2.5 Client Transfer Migration Guide it states "Note: that systems must not be transferred using the McAfee ePO system tree Agent | System Transfer, because it deletes the system from the source McAfee ePO server."

Since I can't use the ystem tree Agent | System Transfer, how do I get my systems communicating with the new ePO server that has the current database restored to it? Help!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 14

Jump to solution

From the same product guide you listed:

Systems can be safely transferred by manually deploying the McAfee Agent FramePkg from the destination server to the system. For more information, see the McAfee Agent 5.0 Product Guide: FAQ: How can I redirect the communication from a McAfee Agent to a new McAfee ePO server?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

kblowe
Level 8
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

So the only option is manually...that sucks.

I have to get a 3rd party tool to re-deploy the Agent... WOW

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 14

Jump to solution

You can package the agent from the new epo server with eedk, then check it into old epo and set a deployment task to push it out that way.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community