cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft patches

I would like to know if someone has ever heard that ePO 4.0 could deploy Microsoft Patches by checking them into the repository?

I heard about it when I read ePO 4.0 docs before it was released but I don't find any info telling if it's possible or not.

I think it would be interesting because it can be used with SCP 2.0 which can tell what MS patches is lacking a machine and then deploy these patches
Tags (3)
7 Replies

RE: Microsoft patches

You cannot deploy MS patches with epo. But afaik there is another programm (I think its calles Hercules) which can do this.
Highlighted

Thanks, I was only wondering if it were possible to do something through ePO after making a SCP analyze of the computers in the ePO tree
pg13
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 8

Even if/when it is possible to deploy patches through ePO, I would rather use a dedicated program for that task, be it WSUS or another one. I would not trust ePO to play nice with all the dependencies that characterize OS patches. It's not that I don't trust McAfee, it's just that IMO, a dedicated product would do a better job.

Just my 2 cents.

I would agree. Use WSUS for MS Patches unless you want a complete headache...

Don't forget each patch comes out in various languages / OS versions / pre-requirements... too hard to manage via epo even if it could.

Yes, the only problem is that I would use ePO's machine also as WSUS server but as far as I know WSUS database does not like working very much with ePO's database (SQL Express)

Hi,
we got booth runing on one sb2003 server with sql 2k5 xpress.
No Problems so far.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community