cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mcafee epolicy server services unable to start

I am in the midst of upgrading mcafee epo from 5.3 to 5.10 Upgraded from 5.3 to 5.3.3 firstly but Server service 5.3.3 is not able to start. Hits me with an error 1068 : the dependency service or group failed to start. description of the service is apache/2.2.26(win32)mod_ssl/2.2.26/OpenSSL/1.0.1k
14 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Re: Mcafee epolicy server services unable to start

Is the service not starting before you start the upgrade?  If you go into the properties of the service in services, there is a dependency tab - what is it dependent on that is not starting?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

it was started when i was still on epo 5.3 .

I stopped the service for the incremental upgrade which i am heading to 5.10 but i have yet to reach that stage as i have some database compatibility issue.

For the dependency i need to check back again. And get bnack to you.

What is the services for? Am i required to update java and apache manually?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 15

No, the 5.10 install contains its own version of java and apache, you cannot update them manually.  

What specifically do you mean by what are the services for?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Like what is the service for actually? 

I will try to check the dependency tomorrow and get back to you.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 15

Application server service (tomcat) processes the backend processing for epo - scheduler, handling extensions, etc.

Eventparser parses the events that come in from clients

Server service or Apache - handles the agent-server communication, receives the events and hands them off to eventparser, processes agent props, sends policies, wakeups, etc.  Basically all the agent-server communication.  

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

much thanks for the explanation.

i will get some screenshots later tomorrow 🙂 +8gmt here right now

Highlighted

Hey ,

As promised here are the screenshots.

Looking forward to your reply. 🙂

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 15

The service failing to start screenshot appears to be of the epo server service.  The dependencies screenshot appears to be from the epo application server service.  They are different services and would have different dependencies.  Does the application server service start?

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Yes the service is started.

Sorry there is delay for me to check further as this is a control environment for me to access the server.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community