cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee ePO Exclusion List Not Working

Hello,

Hope you are well all, i am implementing a new endpoint zero day malware solution alligned with my already installed McAfee ENS already existing. We have a recommended exclusion list for the new product to be applied on the McAfee and also Vice Versa.

Unfortunatly we configured this but we faced a lot of issues that leads us to think that we are applying the exclusion list incorrectly on McAfee because once the new product agent was installed the machine windows doesn't start up.

So, how we can apply an exclusion list on a specified directory or a dll file on the McAfee ePO correctly? , i checked a lot of article and i think that we applied it correctly.

Thanks a lot in advance.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mcafee ePO Exclusion List Not Working

For exclussions, https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB54812

If you are sure that you followed KBs correctly and exclussions are not enforcing then suggest to open case with support.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Still not yet, the issue still exist. We noticed that the two AV solution are interfeering and injecting dll files that made conflicts and causes a lot of crashes in the windows processes and other apps processes.

This is as per the case analyzed by Mcafee support and after reviewing the ENSTracing, MERLogs and Pocmon logs.

We have cascaded that to the other vendor and waiting for their visit.

Thanks a lot for your help all.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Installing 2 malware solutions from different vendors can have some unwanted consequenses.  It is not recommended to be using multiple products that behave similarly.  AV products have kernel drivers that can conflict with other such software when they use similar drivers. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.