Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mcafee agent monitor 日志报错

Hi @User25619856,

Greetings!

I understand the you are receiving ‘ Failed to upload the data package to the EPO server ’’ in agent status monitor.

To resolve this please reply to the below questions

Check port 443 and 80 is open and communicating
How many machines are affected?
Is there any change done to the ePO recently?
Have you tried to reinstall agent via frame package?

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted

Hi,

Port 443 and 80 are all opened. This is a newly installation of EPO and agent, any configuration I should change on EPO?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

We can confirm after looking at masvc.log (C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\logs. Be careful while sharing the logs because it would contain ePO server name/IP addresses itself.

Either please mask while sharing here or can open support case.

Highlighted

Hi,

Attached log file, thx.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

It reports 'server busy error'

2020-05-13 11:38:04.966 masvc(1392.2560) ahclient.Info: Network library rc = <1008>, Agent handler reports response code <503>.
2020-05-13 11:38:04.966 masvc(1392.2560) ahclient.Info: Agent handler reports server busy. response code 503.
2020-05-13 11:38:04.966 masvc(1392.2560) ahclient.Info: Spipe connection response received, network return code = 1008, response code 503.
2020-05-13 11:38:04.966 masvc(1392.2560) DataChannel.Manager.Error: Failed to upload DataChannel items - Network<1008>, HTTP Response<503>

Please restart 'server service' of ePO/AH which the client machine is managed from.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

There are basically 2 kinds of communication failure.

1.  Agent never reaches server at all

2.  Agent reaches server, but server has issues or rejects communication for one reason or another.  

In your case, since you did get a response from the server, you need to also check server logs for the server or agent handler it is getting the response from.  There could be numerous reasons from the server side.  Server busy is just a generic response, so knowing the failures on the server side can be critical for why communication is failing.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

How to collect logs?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Hi @User25619856 ,

Below is the KB to collect logs. I request you not to share the logs in public forum. I suggest you to raise a ticket with McAfee support and share the logs in the ticket.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB59385

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community