cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mcafee Epolicy 4.5 vse install problem

Hi All

bit of a noob here, ive been thrown in the deep end we are currently running Mcafee Epolicy manager 4.5, we are going to upgrade but holding fire for time being. im a junior in a school and ive been asked to familiarise myself with the EPO and ive created group in the my organisation, for the computer room im experimenting with, ive added the same policys and the repositry info as required i know this is all ok, i assign the agent and it picks up on pc but all the other options are greyed out in the taskbar in mcafee but says its managed and you can see it comminicating through the mcafee status monitor but picks up no vse install ive tried removing the agent and deleting from epo and still nothingits hit and miss sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt,they are all set up in the same way with the same policies so makes no sense. any help would be appreciated

thanks

martin

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Mcafee Epolicy 4.5 vse install problem

1. The log files are your friend. Check the agent logs and see what it's doing.

2. Make sure your task to 'install vse' is running (run immediately or scheduled)

3. If the agent logs don't say anything of worth check the ePO logs they will tell you if there are agent problems

4. The greayed out options are going to be due to your agent polcy settings

-KJ

Highlighted

Hi

Have checked the logs on the EPO and the agent has successfully been deployed, ive checked on the workstation and the agent is there but it does not picked up the install vse task. ive checked as well in the epo as advised above and have changed the task "install vse" to run immediately, the computer says its managed in the epo but im assuming thats because it has the agent installed, i dont understand why it would deploy the agent absolutely fine but then no install vse task ?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

What are your settings for the task?

Change a setting in the product deployment task for VSE - like 'stop task if it runs for 3 hours' and make sure its set to run immediately.

Then wakeup the agent/or check new polciies locally and see if it picks up the new changed task.

Highlighted
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I hope I did not misunderstand what's going on and what not on the client 🙂

Reason #1:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67314&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

Reason #2:

If the task technically starts but it actually does not do anything, you can monitor the agent log at the time of the task schedule what you see there. There may be a case where the VirusScan is not supported on that client platform

(https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70658&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...)

Attila

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community