cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee EPO Agent 4.5 issue

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to EPO Agent 4.5 and whenever the cursor is on the Mcafee agent i keep getting a popup "Issue Detected" , how do i overcome this problem.

Rgds,

M.ASHOK KINI

Message was edited by: Ashokkini106 on 3/30/10 4:13:21 AM CDT
9 Replies
ajacobs
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mcafee EPO Agent 4.5 issue

I am not a product expert but I have moved your post to the ePO area. Hopefully someone can help you soon.

Thanks for moving this post to the right place

rackroyd
Level 16
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

That's not a problem, it's informational.

It's telling you that something has been identified on the machine from one of the products managed by the ePO Agent..

Most commonly this is because an access protection rule has triggered.

Even with AP in 'warn' mode you'll get this as far as I know.

Rgds,

Rob.

That is correct, then for example when a program or person is trying to kill McShield.exe, an Access Protection rule is triggered. If you then hover above the McAfee Agent icon, it will show the Issue Detected message. If you then right click the icon, it should also show a red ! mark next to the Security status.

Within the McAfee Security Status, it will indicate the status and could refer you to the Access Protection Log file.

Thanks Jeffery for clarifying,  though i know it is not a problem to worry.  I  still want the "issue detected" pop up to be disabled as it will create  a problem for my internal audits and Will remain as a helpdesk call to  be attended .  Is there anyway i can disable the status so that "Issue  detected" pop up doesn't occur.

I would prefer this event trigger is notified only to the Administrator rather than the user knowing about it.  Please advise.

Rgds,

M.ASHOK KINI

ulyses31
Level 16
Message 8 of 10

Even if you modify the McAfee Agent policy to not show the agent icon you will see the VirusScan icon with the red brackets showing an access protection policy trigger.

The only thing you can do (if you want to) is to disable the agent icon through McAfee Agent policy and also disable the VirusScan icon through VSE policy

Thanks Rob for clarifying,  though i know it is not a problem to worry.  I still want the "issue detected" pop up to be disabled as it will create a problem for my internal audits and Will remain as a helpdesk call to be attended .  Is there anyway i can disable the status so that "Issue detected" pop up doesn't occur.

rackroyd
Level 16
Message 10 of 10

The tooltip function is under program control, I see no easy way of turning it off short of hiding the whole agent icon via policy, sorry.

Rgds,

Rob