I've started seeing some issues with syncing with our AD environment since last week, this appears to have just begun happening. I have not changed anything on the environment.
I've tested the username/password which I can access the EPO server with no issues, inside epo I dont really get alot of information as to why it has failed.
Error synchronizing Managed Computers with Active Directory synchronization point
Can anyone point me in the direct of the log files for this? I've had a look at D:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Logs but not really sure which log file I should be looking at?
Thanks in advance
Check the epoapsvr.log or the orion.log; test your LDAP connection through "registered servers" - if it fails registering LDAP or setting up/launch an AD Sync Task and check the epoapsvr.log or the orion.log.
We appear to be experiencing some very strange problems...
The bottom task has been disabled and deleted, It is running a query to deploy new agents via a query. I have deleted yet it still appears in the server task log ONLY under in progress. We have already managed to get the CCC Active Directory Sync working yesterday but terminating this task and restarting the EPO services. But I've come in today and again the sync is being held up by this unwanted task. It seems to be stuck on the back end somewhere, and even though the task has been terminated yesterday, it still appears again today with 139 hours on the running time.
Any ideas? Its a strange one...
This may help:
Server task configured to execute Run Client Task Now task may run indefinitely or get stuck "In Progress" Technical Articles ID: KB85013
Even thou "...CCC Active Directory Sync working yesterday but terminating this task and restarting the EPO services..." you may need to stop/start the services again or schedule a reboot.
This is just FYI.
As tao mentioned earlier, you can restart all three ePO services (OR reboot ePO server) to clear out all the "in-progress" tasks. That works, but a graceful solution would be nice without restarting services/server.
If anyone is interested,
Determine hung/"In-Progress" ePO tasks in sql server. Run the following against ePO database in sql:
SELECT [Id], [Name], [StartDate], [EndDate], [UserName], [ParentId], [Status]
Where Status = 10
This Query will select all the hung tasks. Status 0 is successful, 1 is failed and 10 is hung tasks with NULL values in "EndDate" colum.