Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ulfat
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Mcafee Agent Update Security showing disabled

Hi Mcafee Support Team

we have installed mcafee Agent 5.6.0 in user PC, in some of them Mcafee agent Update Security is showing disabled

update security.PNG

I have check setting for Allow end users to update security from the mcafee system tray menu it is checked 

Any idea and suggestion to solve this issue

policy.PNG

I appreciate for your support 

Regards,

Ulfat Hussain

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mcafee Agent Update Security showing disabled

Do the ones that have it disabled show the red exclamation mark by view security status?  If you click on that, what is the error?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Ulfat
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hello Sir,

Following is the error which is normal due to policy applied for access protection and this error come as well on those computer which Update Security is  showing enable and are good

update security status.PNG

regards,

Ulfat Hussain

McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Hi Ulfat,

Thanks for this, Access protection (AP) could still be a concern, if you could check and make sure (at least on this device) that none of the following are listed as blocked in the AP log, that will be helpful:

• masvc.exe
  • macmnsvc.exe
  • macompatsvc.exe
  • mctray.exe
  • naPrdMgr.exe
  • UpdaterUI.exe

I do suspect you will find none of the above in the AP log, that said we would really need to see a MER collection of that same device.
It appears that the policy is incorrect or potentially corrupt.

Some of that detail is inside files that are not human readable, so a call to support should be made to have the team review and advise.

Call the ePO/MA line if this needs the VSE/ENS group to review they will move this as needed for you.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community