cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmf
Level 8

Mcafee Agent 5.0.1 | ma.io.task.service

Hello,

We are getting events of "Error Code : Unable to find valid repository" in all the machines that have MA 5.0.1 everyday around 00:00.
The problem is not the failed update (as our distributed repositories only update later).
We do not have any task scheduled to run at that time, and cant trace how the agent has the knowledge of :
"Repository is not upto-date site. catalog version XXXX < XXXX "

Million dollar question:

If the repositories where the Agent updates don't have a new version of the catalog, how can it know that there is on in the master repository?

Best Regards!

7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Mcafee Agent 5.0.1 | ma.io.task.service

I moved this provisionally to ePO for faster response.

---

Peter

0 Kudos
tomz2
Level 11

Validate that replication of your distributed repositories is actually occurring successfully. It would appear that there is an issue with the repositories not having the correct content.

0 Kudos
tmf
Level 8

It is not replicated, as it only replicates 2 hours later (it is so by design).

I guess it knows that its not updated because:

201*-**-** **:**:** X #10616 ini GetPrivateProfileString,General,CatalogVersionFromPolicy,C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\UpdateOptions.ini

Now, the task showed something unusual:

201*-**-** **:**:** I #10616 ScrptMain START [C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\McScript_InUse.exe -script C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\update\UpdateMain.McS -id 30058 -localeid 0409 -logfile C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\logs\McScript -parent FRAMEWORK -initiator 1 -installdir C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\\x86\ -taskid ma.cert.update.task.id]

As the tasks i've scheduled show something like:

2015-08-11 02:59:50 I #12220 ScrptMain START [C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\McScript_InUse.exe -script C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\update\UpdateMain.McS -id 32558 -localeid 0409 -logfile C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\logs\McScript -parent FRAMEWORK -initiator 1 -installdir C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\\x86\ -taskid 110]

Does anyone knows what Task ID "ma.cert.update.task.id" stands for and why is it running without a schedulle?.

spytnik
Level 8

I have the same Problem (Agent-Version 5.0.2.132). Is there now a solution?

mcafeetekis
Level 7

Hi Guys!

Anything new on this one? Got the same problem.

/Daniel

spytnik
Level 8

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bleeder
Level 9

Checking in and deploying MsgBus Cert Updater 5.5.1 finally fixed this problem for me.  It's been broken since 5.0.  It only took 3 years.. Smiley Frustrated

For reference see McAfee KB90643 here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90643

0 Kudos