Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User95605320
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

McAffee ePolicy Ocheestrator 5.9.1 Event Parser Service not running

McAffee ePolicy Ocheestrator 5.9.1 Event Parser Service not running after serve was rebooted
2 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAffee ePolicy Ocheestrator 5.9.1 Event Parser Service not running

What is the error message you get when try to start?

It normally fails to start if it fails to connectivity to database server. You may get some clue in server log.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAffee ePolicy Ocheestrator 5.9.1 Event Parser Service not running

When did the issue start and what changed?  If only after a reboot, is sql on the same server?  Sometimes it is a timing issue where the eventparser starts up before the sql server does.  If reboot was due to any windows updates, what version of epo?  Some security updates have been affecting tls and cipher suites, which can affect logins.  Can you get into the console and is it functional?  If event parser won't start, then I would venture to say the answer to that is no.  If any password has changed, go to https://servername:8443/core/config (substitute your servername and port) and reset/test connection there.  If it was due to windows updates, was the sql server also updated and rebooted, if separate server?  If so, did you restart epo services after sql came back up?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.