Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abmauri
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

McAfee fatal error 0xEE020006

we have migrated old epo (5.9) running windows server 2008r2 to new epo(5.10) windows server 2012r2 after that when we deploy agent from old to new server, more than 5 laptops crashed and getting fatal error 0xee020006, still we have 85 client machines are there to deploy into a new server but without knowing the reason, we cannot deploy, kindly help us.

13 Replies
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 14

Re: McAfee fatal error 0xEE020006

Hi Abmauri,

You mean to say you are trying to deploy Agent from EPO 5.10 which is hosted on Win Server 2012R2. May i what is the Agent version are you trying to install. What is the OS build is it SP1 or SP2.

Have you tried latest latest Agent 5.6

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

Abmauri
Level 7
Message 3 of 14

HI,

Yes I am trying to deploy agent from 5.10, please see the below details,

1. Agent version is 5.6.2.209

2. I am deploying agent via EPO console

3. Drive Encryption agent 7.2.9

File and removable media protection 5.0.5.112

Drive encryption go 7.2.9.5

Drive Encryption : windows 7.2.9.5

Agent 5.6.2.209

DXL___1000  5.0.2.130

McAfee Employee NagendraPrabu
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 14

Hello Abmauri,

Greetings!

Thanks for writing in!

Regarding your inquiry, please reply to the below.

1. Agent version that you are trying to deploy.
  2. How are you deploying agents? Through EPO?
  3. What are the products you have in the client machine? For ex (Drive Encryption, DLP)
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Abmauri
Level 7
Message 5 of 14

Hi Prabhu,

1. Agent version is 5.6.2.209

2. I am deploying agent via EPO console

3. Drive Encryption agent 7.2.9

File and removable media protection 5.0.5.112

Drive encryption go 7.2.9.5

Drive Encryption : windows 7.2.9.5

Agent 5.6.2.209

DXL___1000  5.0.2.130

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 14

Hi Abmauri,

Did you try to deploy agent with "force install" option while deploying from EPO.

Seems like FRP 5.0.5 is not supported with ePO 5.10.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB81149

frp.PNG

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

Abmauri
Level 7
Message 7 of 14

HI,

I have not tried force installation, let me update FRP and then will try, thanks 🙂

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 14

If the Agent already exist on the client machine, on top of that if you are deploying Agent from EPO, then you should use "force installation over existing version" option.

Was my reply helpful?

Abmauri
Level 7
Message 9 of 14

HI,

out of 5 machines 2 clients are having windows 7 sp1 and frp also 5.0.9 even though it crashed. please suggest.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 14

You should not need to use forceinstall of the agent, that will have no affect on your issue.  Are you deploying them all at once, or how are you doing this?  Does it crash right away or after a reboot?

You will first need to identify the point product that is causing the crash.  The agent itself has no kernel drivers, so it is unlikely that it is causing the crash, though not impossible.  The first thing you need to do is to set up the system you are going to do this testing with to generate a full memory dump on crash.  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/generate-kernel-or-complete-crash-dump

To isolate the product causing the issue, install just the agent first and observe the behavior - no other McAfee products installed.  If it does not crash, then move on to the next product.  Install them only one at a time, and if needed, reboot in between each one.  Once it crashes, if you see on the screen where it is writing a memory dump, let it complete.  

After identifying which exact product is causing it to crash, get a mer from that system, gather the memory dump and open a ticket with McAfee with that point product team and attach that data.  A full memory dump is required to find cause of crash and the mer will give us a lot of other related info.

When you run the mer (mer.mcafee.com), be sure to right-click on it and run as administrator, and instead of choosing all products, select each individual installed product so it gathers all required data.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community