cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee epo login page error solved!

This post is to share my experience with Onprem ePO/CSR login page error and how it resolved. Couple of weeks back I noticed the below error on the login page and once login the similar kind of error noticed  under the Menu - Extensions.

The issue  is if you've an External  SQL DB configured then the connectivity  between ePO and SQL DB is crashed due to some reasons .

To resolve this issue you need an SQL authenticated  account with the Public, db_owner and Sysadmin privileges.

Once you've the account enabled  you need to verify the account under Menu - Report Server Settings - Database . Edit with the external DB and test . If the test is successful then logout and navigate to  CSR server address/core/config and verify the DB connectivity is fine.

If both the above tests are fine , then restart the McAfee ePO Application server service along with  the CSR server  and  later the error will be removed.

The Sysadmin privilege can be removed later .

Error_1.PNGLogin page errorError_2.PNGUnder Menu - Extensions

1 Reply
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee epo login page error solved!

Hi ChinthulJ,

Good information thank you for sharing this with the community! 👍

To add to this the following article maybe of value to you or others at times such as this:

SQL permissions required to install and use ePolicy Orchestrator
Technical Articles ID: KB75766

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center