Highlighted
it1024
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.0 Event Parser service terminates repeatedly

Dear guys,

In windows event logs I found this:

"The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.0 Event Parser service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 87511 time(s)."

And the event has been repeating for 5 days which cause the repository update not to run. I could not see any other issue relating to this on windows log and believe that it would be repeated again. Any idea or solution?

Thank you in advance.

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.0 Event Parser service terminates repeatedly

Do the eventparser logs show any database connection errors?  I would advise first opening a ticket with McAfee to investigate.  Though 5.1.0 is out of support now, I don't recommend upgrading until you resolve what is causing it to crash. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

it1024
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Re: McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.0 Event Parser service terminates repeatedly

@cdinet

Thank you foryour reply.

Please be informed that the version is 5.3.0. And now it is stopping every few seconds!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

It will terminate if there is no connection to the database.  Check KB69850 for how to get to core/config page to validate the account used to connect to the databse.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

it1024
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

@cdinet

I believe that it is because of the databse size which is over 90GB!!!! There must be no more space to write more events. Am I right?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

That is possible, but not always the case.  You would have to look at the logs to see what they show as the errors and also the sql error logs.  What kind of errors do you see?

Was my reply helpful?

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.