Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smndk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Application Server Service fails to start

Hi

I have had McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator running on a server for a while without problems. Now suddenly the "McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Application Server Service" fails to start. The server manager reports" Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly" when trying to start the service.I cannot  find any log files containing further information about the problem.

I have tried to install 4.5.0 Patch 2, but the installer requires that the ePolicy Orchestrator services are running.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem.

-

Svend

8 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Application Server Service fails to start

In the first instance, check the epoapsrv.log (in the DB\logs folder) and orion.log (in the server\logs folder) - these are the main two log files for the application server.

Are there any relevant errors logged?

Regards -

Joe

smndk
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

Hi

Thank you very much for your answer.

I cannot find orion.log. The last message logged in epoapsrv.log is from December 30th, which propably is around the time when the server began to fail. The last log is:

20091230152941    I    #7148    EPOJNI      Getting license data...

Could this be a license problem? Although I have a valid license the server might be installed with a license key which expired in November last year.

-

Svend

smndk
Level 7
Message 4 of 9

Found orion.log. The last logs from December 30th shows that the Coyote server on port 8443 & 8444 is stopping.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

Can you try and start the service again, let it fail, and then post the epoapsrv log and orion log here so we can have a look?

Thanks -

Joe

smndk
Level 7
Message 6 of 9

I have now tried to start the service. And have attached the log files. I have removed the first part of the log files, as they were rather large.

Note that no logs are made in the log files when the service is started. Apparently the service application seems to crash before it is fully started.

I have also attached some screen shots of the error and from the Windows System log.

-

Svend

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

It's strange that nothing is written to the logs...  my first guess would be either an authentication problem or a port conflict.

Check that the service is set to use the System account, and (with all the ePO services stopped) check that nothing else is listening on any of the ports used by ePO - if something is, as a test, stop the application that is listening and start the ePO services again and see if ePO functions correctly.

Regards -

Joe

smndk
Level 7
Message 8 of 9

There were no port conflicts. Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling 4.5.0 Patch 1 and starting from scratch.

But thanks for the help.

Kind regards,

Svend

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Oh well - as long as it's working now.   Definitely an X-Files case

Regards -

Joe.