cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee ePo updates failed

I am facing an issue, whenever there are updates in McAfee ePo than i try to make them but all failed continously.

Kindly advise if anyone has solution.

Thank you.

6 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee ePo updates failed

Hi @User37597093 

Thank you for your post. Can you please help us with more details and possibly screenshots of the issue?

Also can you please helps us with the following details:

1. Version of ePO?
  2. Product you are trying to update using ePO?
  3. Have you tried downloading the update from our product download site and checking it in manually using ePO? (if it is a DAT update you should download the DAT file for ePO from this site)

Looking forward to your kind response.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Hello,I

Thanks for your post.

I believe you are talking about Master Repository and the updates were getting failed in the Repository.

If i am correct in that case please check the ePOAPSvr.log which will give you more information.

Default Log Location:
<epoinstallationdirectory>\db\logs\

If you want to download the DAT/Amcore file manually please download the file from below location:

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/security-updates.html?region=us&_ga=2.81191185.726... 

Once the file gets downloaded from the above site and you want to update to all your client machines than please check the file in Master Repository and send a Product Update Task.

Product Download Site:

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products.html?_ga=2.81191185.726619189.15704461... 

If my understanding is not correct in that case please help us with more information.

Like you are issue with Software Manager product updates to Master Repository. or any other issues.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Thank you for posting the query here

Could you let me know what is the version of SQL server? Is it express edition or standard edition?

if you are using SQL express edition, make sure the DB is not full

Could you delete the amcore content package from master repository and then try to update the master repository

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Could you let me know if you have tried rebuilding the master repository by following the below KB article

Please try the below KB article and let me know if it works

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53736

Please let me know if this helps

Was my reply helpful?
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Hi User37597093,

I believe you are talking about Software Manager in ePO. If yes, then your ePO server has problem connecting to epo.mcafee.com on port 443. You can check server task log which will write generic error code. Also the best place to check more information is epoapsvr_servername.log and orion.log file.

epoapsvr_servername.log : <ePO install directory>/DB/logs

orion.log : <ePO install directory>/server/logs

You should be able to access this URL from the actual ePO server.  Although, if you can access this, this does not necessarily mean that the firewall/proxy is allowing access from the ePO server:

https://epo.mcafee.com/ProductCompatibilityList.xml

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

As others posted, if this is a repository pull issue, then the epoapsvr log will be your best bet.  Check also to see if you are using a proxy in your environment or not.

If it is client updates or deployments failing, go through this doc for how to troubleshoot that.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DEPLOYMENT-FA...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community