Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

McAfee ePO License Key Question

Jump to solution

I noticed that when you renew your McAfee contact the McAfee ePO license key, under the new grant number, changes to a new number. Is it necessary to change the license key for your current ePO servers to this new one or can you just key using the one that it always had? What is the impact the endpoints or the ePO server if I change the license key to the one that I see under our new grant number?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee ePO License Key Question

Jump to solution

​, Welcome to McAfee community.

You should adjust your ePO license key as provided with your new grant number. It's what determines what you can download/update in the ePO software manager. Adjusting key has no direct impact on endpoints but using a key associated with an expired grant *may* stop ePO from downloading future content.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

​, Welcome to McAfee community.

You should adjust your ePO license key as provided with your new grant number. It's what determines what you can download/update in the ePO software manager. Adjusting key has no direct impact on endpoints but using a key associated with an expired grant *may* stop ePO from downloading future content.

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks for the input. I tried changing the license key on our test ePO server. After pulling down an updated software list it showed some of our licensed product under Evaluation. Switched back to the older license. Sent an email to our Account Manager to find out why the new license is not covering all our product like Drive encryption.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community