cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee ePO 5.10.0 installation fails at end when starting services

Jump to solution
Hello, I am trying to install ePO 5.10.0 on Windows 2016 with SQL Express 2017 installed. Whole process seems to go fine right until the end when it is trying to start the services. At that moment it begins a rollback. I can confirm the DB is created in SQL, so it doesn't look like issues communicating with SQL or creating the DB. In EPO5100-Error.ini I can see: ErrorString=FAILURE: Unable to start service [MCAFEETOMCATSRV5100] In EPO5100-Install-MSI.log i can see: MerModCALog: ServiceStartService() failed to start service [MCAFEETOMCATSRV5100] with return code [-1]. Failed in InstallScript file [C:\CodeBases\isdev\Script\ISRT\Src\Service.rul] line number [614] with error code [1075]. Can someone please advise any sollution? This is impacting our project implementation and I have never had this issue before. Thanks. Darko Dimitrovski.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee ePO 5.10.0 installation fails at end when starting services

Jump to solution

Since you are running sql express, I assume it is on the same server as epo.  If that is the case, you are probably running into KB90874.  

You can download iiscrypto, choose best practices, ensure tls 1.0 is also enabled (it can be disabled after the install), then reboot.  Install should go ok then.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Since you are running sql express, I assume it is on the same server as epo.  If that is the case, you are probably running into KB90874.  

You can download iiscrypto, choose best practices, ensure tls 1.0 is also enabled (it can be disabled after the install), then reboot.  Install should go ok then.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. TLS 1.0 is disabled. I didn't think it was an issue because the prerequisite checks at the start of the installer only recommend making sure TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are enabled. And they are.

I even downloaded separately the tool to do the checks before installing, ran it, and it reported no problems found.

I will enable TLS 1.0 now and give it a go.

PS. And yes, the SQL is on the same server.

Darko.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Yea, it is something they are working on to fix.  It only needs enabled for the install or any upgrades, unless they fix it in the installer for upgrades.  Be sure to install update 4 once your install completes.  Refresh 4 version of epo install that you downloaded does not include any updates.  Refresh means that the pre installation auditor tool has been updated, but not the main installer to include any fixes.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

Just to confirm that it finally installed after using iiscrypto and making sure TLS 1.0 is enabled.

Continuing with update 4 now.

Thanks a lot.

Darko.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution
That is great news - thanks for letting us know.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Update 4 is applied now. I consider this resolved.

Thanks again.

Darko.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community