cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee ePO 5.1 Installation and Deployment

Hello All,

Today I am trying to install the McAfee ePO 5 on my MS Windows Server 2008 R2 with MS SQL Server 2008, and I also created the Domain Controller on the same machine which I am using it for the installation of McAfee ePO and also the MS SQL Server is too installed on this same machine but when I reached at the time of installation for choosing the database to set the information I am no where finding my MS SQL Server in the list, there are so many servers are their in the list but the server which I created is no where else.

For more reference to understand the issue and scenario, kindly refer to the attach screenshot of my McAfee ePO machine.

Kindly suggest what I can do on this or any suggestions if you have.

Thanks to all in advance.

5 Replies
mcg
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee ePO 5.1 Installation and Deployment

See if you can just type the specifics in the box versus relying on the drop menu to find it for you?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

mcg

Hello MCG,

That option is not working, I can't mentio ay other term there, I only needs to select from the available ones only.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sood.

Hi deepanshusood, is the firewall enabled on this server? By default it's enabled on Windows 2008 and that could by the cause why it cannot see its own SQL server published

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

That doesn't sound right - you should definitely be able to type the name of the SQL server in that box. There are lots of environments where the SQL server does not show up in the dropbox - for example if the SQL browser service is stopped, which it is by default.

You should enter the SQL server name, and if you are using a named instance, enter a backslash and then the instance name. So if your SQL server was called EPOSQL and the instance name was INSTANCE1, you would enter

EPOSQL\INSTANCE1

HTH -

Joe

Thanks Joe and all other also,

I am successfull to install the McAfee ePO Server now and it's running fine now.

I configured my ePO Server only to take monitoring on two windows based machines.

Have any idea how I can do this on enhanced level and if you have any other ideas to share, because at this moment the Agent is just scanning the systems.

And other new thing I can do with this, as I am very new to this.

Thanks & Regrads,

Deepanshu Sood.