Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nick_B
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

McAfee & FireEye Integration - Certificate Expiring Soon!

Hi McAfee Community Members,

One of our customers has some 7,000 managed endpoints and an ePO server running 5.3.2.156. There is an upgrade / migration scheduled for next week to take it to 5.9.1 along with a migration to Windows Server 2016 (from its current home of a Server 2008 R2 VM).

They contacted me last week reporting that a certificate is expiring. The certificate in question was issued to FireEye and apparently only the servers are affected, not the desktops. I'm asking for clarification on this.

The customer is also running Citrix XenApp - Trend Micro is installed on the servers however the McAfee Agent along with VSE is installed - but only on the Session Hosts.

The certificate in question, seen in the screenshot below from one of the affected devices expires on 22 May 2019.

Would anyone have any ideas on how we would go about renewing the certificate?

FireEye Cert Expiry.PNG

Thanks in advance guys!

Nick

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee & FireEye Integration - Certificate Expiring Soon!

We are aware of the certificate expiration and these will be updated automatically and should require no interaction from customers.  There is a KB in progress regarding this, but not yet published.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Nick_B
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

That's great - thanks for the update!

Nick_B
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Is there any news or update on the forthcoming KB addressing the FireEye certificate which is expiring in a couple of days time?

Thanks,

Nick

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

I am only aware of any agent certs, so you might want to call into FireEye support team for their product.  I can't answer for them.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Nick_B
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

OK thanks, will do.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community