cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Updater blocking reboots and shutdown

we had McAfee agent version installed :  5.6.2.209 and Endpoint security version 10.6

When trying to reboot the computer we have this message which block shutdown :

mcafee security products are being deployed. continuing with shutdown might cause stability issues

I search in Community and it seems that this issue was detected with the old version 5.5 and the solution was to upgrade the McAfee agent. However in my case, I had the last version installed 5.6.2.209 but have this error message. 

Could you please advise us with a solution ? it's very urgent

10 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Re: McAfee Updater blocking reboots and shutdown

Hi houssemsmine,

* Since how long you have been facing this issue. Did you install any McAFee product recently. If yes, did you reboot the machine post deployment.

* How many machines are impacted.

May i know what is the value do you see for Deployment Status in the registry on client machine.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW3264\NETWORKASSOCIATE\ePolicy Orchestrator\APPLICATION PLUGIN\MCAFEEAGENT\CMNUPD3000\Deployment Status

I will move this Thread to appropriate forum.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply

I have issue since 1 month.

the registry value for DeploymentStatus is: 1

Is it possible to enforce the value 0 for this key as a workaround until having a final solution ?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

Yes, you can change it locally to 0, but you might have to disable self protection temporarily on the agent and disable access protection to be able to change that value.  When did you upgrade?  Perhaps it was already in that state when you upgraded.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

the agent was upgrated 1 month ago .

I Don't know if the registry value of DeploymentStatus was set to 1 before launching upgrade or no .

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 11

Is it just this system or many more?  Reset that manually to 0 and the issue should go away.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I use machine with Windows 10 1709 .

I will try to reset the value to 0 , but my question if I reset it and after that enable the self protection, I think that McAfee will ask again for deployment update and perhaps have the risk to get the same error,

what do you think about ?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 11

Per KB90752, that was an issue with agents lower than 5.6, so once you reset that value, issue shouldn't return.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

I tried to modify the value but I have this error message:

" Cannot edit DeploymentStatus.Error writing the value's new contents".

Do you know please a command line to enforce this value or have to disable the self protection before ?

For information, I need to make a general solution because I have many similar cases , so I'm trying to find a solution that may be deployed on all impacted computers.

Thank you in advance

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 11

You have to disable Self Protection on Agent policy and Access Protection on ENS policy. Send a wakeup call with "Force complete policy and task",  then try to modify the value.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community