Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemantk
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

McAfee Update URLs & IP Address

Hello.....

Please let me Know URLs & IP Address for McAfee Update, So that i can exclude those from Firewall...

Is any aware of this ??..........

Thanks in Advance...

6 Replies
hemantk
Level 12
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee Update URLs & IP Address

I was expecting quick responses from McAfee Support, but from past 10 mins there is no single reply..i'm waiting for reply

hemantk
Level 12
Message 3 of 7

Not a Single Response.................i'm waiting for Replies, what happen to Mcafee Community??/

Hi, McAfe's repositories:

ftp.nai.com/CommonUpdater

http://update.nai.com/Products/CommonUpdater

hemantk
Level 12
Message 5 of 7

Hello Ulyses31,,,

Thanks for ur Response....although it is after a long period of time.

To inform u i m aware of the links which u have provided..

i need IP address & some other urls which are used for mcafeee updates, so that i can exclude those from Firewall

hem
Level 15
Message 6 of 7

For security reason, we keep on changing our IP address.

You can get the IP address when you ping the update sites by name (for example: ping -a ftp.nai.com) as per the previous threat updates.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Hi...

Unfortunately it appears you have misunderstood the purpose of these communities. As stated in the community guidelines, "The community is first and foremost a peer-based community and not a direct support channel. If you have a technical issue with a McAfee product, please open a Service Request or contact McAfee Support." The members here donate their experience, knowledge and time - but if you have an urgent issue please contact Support: there is no guarantee that anyone here will respond as quickly as you would like, or indeed at all.

With regard to your question - there is no list of IP addresses for the download sites available, since the download site infrastructure is hosted by third-party providers - we have no control over the IP ranges that they choose to use. (Please see KB54974  for the official statement.)  You can identify an IP address in the farm by pinging, as Hem describes, but please be aware that that IP address may not be valid for long.

Regards -

Joe