Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cullan
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

McAfee Smart Install Sitelist.xml not updating

Hi All,

I am running EPO 5 with McAfee agent 4.8. I have recently updated my only agent handler (the epo server) via the web console to have a published DNS name and Published IP. The problem I'm having is that when I try and install the agent using a URL deployment link the smart install agent tries to connect back to the epo server using the handler dns name and handler ip address rather than the published dns name or published ip address. I have verified this by checking C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\McAfeeSmartInstall\sitelist.xml and C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\McAfeeLogs on the server I am trying to deploy to.

Deploying the agent by pushing it out via the web UI works fine and has the correct published DNS name and IP in the sitelist.xml. I think the smart installer is not being built correctly.

I have tried restarting all services and the server itself after the change.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere on the EPO server where I can manually update the correct sitelist.xml for the smart installer? Or is there a way to force it to be recreated?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies

Re: McAfee Smart Install Sitelist.xml not updating

I'm experiencing the exact same thing with their latest agent (4.8.0.887). When the agent is pushed via the ePO web console, it has the correct site list (with published DNS and IP). However, if I manually install the agent by running the exe, it does not.

If I take the agent package created by ePO and extract it out for user with GP (via Framepkg.exe /gengpomsi /SiteInfo=<sharedpath>\SiteList.xml /FrmInstLogLoc=<localtempDir>\<filename>.log), I can see the sitelist is in fact incorrect and does not have the published IP or DNS.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this, short of manually tinkering with the sitelist in the GP extract?

Thanks!

And, I should add, that it doesn't appear that policy updates to a machine, once it has been installed manually using the exe, update the local sitelist. It seems to remain in the same state. Policies, updates, and tasks work just fine but not sitelist updates, despite my having sorting enable to specify a specific agent handler list depending on system tree location.

Message was edited by: timmobb on 8/22/13 8:01:10 AM CDT
mcg
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Check out this KB.  https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79008

Hope this helps.

Regards,

M

@mcg; thanks for the link. Looks like that's the issue, and the workaround...

Namster
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

KB Article is good, thanks.