cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee Open API via PowerShell

Vertigoray: What version of ePO does your ePOwerShell scripts run against?  - We have 4.6.6.

Good question!  We're on 5.3

i want to get the installed application list form end points using powershell as below, please help how i can import the data in epo?

$Regexes = 'Microsoft Visual*','Driver*','Microsoft Application Virtualization*','Adobe Reader XI','Adobe Shockwave Player 11.5','Crystal Reports Viewer 2008','OMM_*','TeamViewer*'

Get-RemoteProgram -Property SystemComponent | Where-Object {($_.ProgramName -notmatch 'KB\d+') -and (-not $_.SystemComponent) -and $($ProgramName=$_.ProgramName;if (($Regexes | ForEach-Object {$ProgramName -notlike $_}) -contains $false) {$false} else {$true})}

Highlighted
gregb
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 44 of 46

Is there a way to set groups yet?

I see there's a get-epogroup which returns the some information about groups within EPO but is there a way to move computers?  I'm writing a script to automate a lot of the re-imaging process and being able to automatically move machines groups would be a blessing. 

I was thinking Invoke-epoClientTask might have that functionality?  Anyone know if this is possible to automate with PS?

Thanks!

kvk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 45 of 46

Yes, this is possible with EPO 5.3.2 and possibly 5.3.3 but unfortunately not with EPO 5.9. I opened a service request but we were declined support because McAfee doesn't support their own Web API... what?!

Anyway here is the Powershell script we are using to move machines to different groups during a task sequence with SCCM:

[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::ServerCertificateValidationCallback = {$true}

$TSEnv = New-Object -COMObject Microsoft.SMS.TSEnvironment

$epoServer = "https://SERVER:8443"

$epoUser = $TSEnv.Value("epoUser")

$epoPassword = $TSEnv.Value("epoPassword")

$computerName = $TSEnv.Value("OSDComputerName")

$McAfeeDE = $TSEnv.Value("McAfeeDE")

$URL_Encrypt = "$epoServer/remote/system.move?names=$computerName&parentGroupId=19"

if ($McAfeeDE -eq "True") {

$Move = New-Object System.Net.Webclient

$Move.credentials = New-Object System.Net.NetworkCredential -ArgumentList ($epoUser,$epoPassword)

$Move.DownloadString($URL_Encrypt)

}

else {

}

Hi, I am new to this forum and powershell, but have created an asset management script and would like help with the following:

Connect powershell to EPO 5.3.2 Build 156

Enter computer name (already being done as $name)

Retrieve IP address

Retrieve Username

Many thanks !

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community