Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyK
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Installation Designer and a Managed Agent

Hello all... I am going around and around on this, so I would like input from anyone who has gotten this to work:

My Enviornment:

VSE 8.7 patch2

McAfee Agent 4.0 patch 3 (4.0.0.1494)

ePO 4.0 patch 4

I am trying to build a MID package  of 8.7 with a managed agent in it.  I have tried using the program section and I have tried using the "New Common Management Agent Updater Installation File" section of the Autoupdate Configuration page of the installation designer.  The agent will not communicate properly after install (well, won't communicate at all). unless I then manually reinstall it.

Has anyone gotten a MID package with these current versions, primarly the 4.0 agent to communicate back to their ePO server correctly upon install?

2 Replies

Re: McAfee Installation Designer and a Managed Agent

Hi,

I am having the same issue, but with the SP3 Repost. Has anyone found a way to get this to work?

Thanks

Tim

Highlighted
TonyK
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Installation Designer and a Managed Agent

We had to create a custom .exe to add to the MID as a "program" that installs after the package is finished that doesn't use an MSI.  Supposedly they are working on changing this in the next version of the MID, but they didn't give me an ETA.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community